An exciting opportunity has presented itself for a skilled Room Leader to join our friendly team of childcare professionals at our Watford Branch. If successful, you will be based in Montessori House (Ages 2.5-5-year-olds).
First established in 1993, The Little Learners Montessori is a family-run business with a dedicated team of highly trained Montessori staff and qualified childcare specialists. We offer Montessori education from 6 months up to the age of 5 years and are proud to have received OUTSTANDING across all four of our branches.
If you are hardworking, a team player and able to build good relationships with children and parents alike we can offer you: Competitive salaries and flexibility that suits you; an accredited MEAB Montessori environment for you to work in with the full range of Montessori teaching materials.
The Room Leader is a qualified childcare professional with responsibility for the day-to-day running of their room. They perform an important role caring for children, maintaining a high-quality, stimulating learning environment, supervising staff and imparting their knowledge and skills to others. They are creative and reflective leaders able to implement new ideas and use a range of strategies to continually improve practice and support the management team
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. To deploy staff and resources effectively, maintaining ratios in your room whilst supporting other rooms/nurseries.
2. To reflect on practice and routines, tailoring them to meet the individual needs of each child throughout the day.
3. To lead planning and the provision of a stimulating range of age-appropriate activities and ensuring your room is well-resourced and creatively set-up.
4. To lead observations and the assessment of children’s learning and development ensuring records are kept up-to-date, are of a high standard and are shared effectively – includes Individual Education Plans for children with Special Educational Needs.
1. To work flexibly as part of the larger team, assisting and supporting colleagues wherever required, in order to ensure the smooth running of the company.
2. To be aware of the high profile of The Little Learners and refrain from irresponsible behaviour that could impact the company’s commercial success.
3. To attend reasonable out-of-working-hours activities, including training, staff meetings, parents evenings and special events.
4. To assist in the development and support of other staff members by communicating effectively, sharing knowledge and experience, delegating tasks appropriately, identifying training needs, leading meetings, inductions and 1-2-1s – with support from the nursery management and senior management teams.
5. To respect and value all colleagues, children and parents, encouraging a positive and diverse working environment.
6. To cooperate and work effectively with the management team, taking on additional responsibilities/duties and positively promoting developments in policies and procedures to team members.
7. To undertake any other aspects of nursery work according to need.
8. This job description is intended to give you an indication of the main duties, but is not meant to be an exhaustive list.
The safeguarding of all of our children is our highest priority and therefore a clear and valid DBS, two references as well as a valid Safeguarding and First Aid Certificates will be required from all successful candidates. Once shortlisting of all applicants has been completed, the shortlisted candidates will be offered an initial interview via video link.
The candidate would need to have at least a Level 3 Qualification in Childcare to be fully considered for the position.