Role: Nursery Practitioner (Level 3)
Location: Watford Branch
Want to work at an OUTSTANDING nursery? Receive excellent in-house training? Be part of a nurturing culture?
If you are hardworking, a team player and able to build good relationships with children and parents alike we can offer you: Competitive salaries and flexibility that suits you; an accredited MEAB Montessori environment for you to work in with the full range of Montessori teaching materials.
First established in 1993, The Little Learners is a family run business with a dedicated team of highly trained Montessori staff and qualified childcare specialists. We offer accredited Montessori education from 6 months up to the age of 5 years and are proud to have received OUTSTANDING by Ofsted across all four of our branches.
As a family business, we strive to create a nurturing environment for our staff to grow and excel. We invest the time and effort to support all our staff to continue their professional development through our excellent in-house training scheme.
We are committed to the highest level of training, which is why we offer our staff a variety of training courses to further develop them in their role. Further funding is also available for the Montessori Diploma Course at no extra cost.
The Nursery Teacher is a qualified childcare professional (Level 3) with responsibility for ensuring the day to day practice within their room as part of a team. They perform an important role caring for children, maintaining a high-quality, stimulating learning environment, working as a team and imparting their knowledge and skills to others. They are creative and reflective practitioners able to implement new ideas and use a range of strategies to continually improve practice and support their room leader.
- Provide high standards of childcare and education – this includes providing a safe, caring environment to enable the emotional, social and educational development of children, through individual attention and group activities.
- To support the aims and objectives of the nursery and assist the proprietor in the organisation of a high quality establishment for children from 2 years to 5 years.
- To work as a key worker as well as being responsible for the presentation of the Montessori activities for all children.
- To assist with the daily risk assessment.
- Responsible for mid-term and weekly planning to include evaluation and observation of children, planning to meet the EYFS to link with Montessori.
- To report any concerns promptly to your Manager or Area Manager.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and the post holder will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties discussed and directed by the line manager.
- Flexible working hours
- Company events & social hours
- Education reimbursement