Position: Nursery Chef
Type: Permanent/ Full-time Sector: Early Years
Location: Watford, London, England
Salary: £9 – £12 per hour (Depending on experience)
Working Hours: 6am – 1pm, Monday – Friday 50 weeks a year (No Evening or Weekend work required)
Contact: Justin Hamilton-Heward
The Little Learners Montessori is recruiting for a hardworking and creative Nursery Chef to work in a recently renovated purpose-built kitchen facility located in our Nursery in Watford. The Chef will need to be able to cater for around 100 children, from the ages of 6 months up to 5 years for both our Watford and Northwood Branch.
This is your chance to make your mark towards providing an ‘outstanding’ service for children and their families within the local community.
The Little Learners Montessori is a family run business who are looking for a Nursery Chef to provide healthy, nutritionally balanced, freshly prepared meals daily for the children. The Nursery Chef will be totally accountable for the safe and hygienic management of the nursery kitchen. The Little Learners Montessori is committed to the safeguarding of children, therefore all appointments are subject to receiving an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), as well as appropriate references.
If you are interested in becoming a part of The Little Learners team, please get in touch today!
Send your covering letter and CV, with a full working history to firstname.lastname@example.org
Essential Skills and Experience
• Food Hygiene and Safety Level 2.
• Good experience of meal preparation and cooking in an early years or care environment.
• Experience of menu planning, ordering & stock control.
• Good experience, knowledge and understanding of Environmental Health Food Safety and Health and Safety regulations, guidelines and record keeping.
• Knowledge and understanding of catering for variety of dietary needs and allergy children.
• High standards of personal hygiene, cleanliness and appearance.
• Solid organization and communication skills Desirable Skills and Experience.
• Experience, knowledge and understanding of child nutrition.
• Experience of working independently at work.
• Basic First Aid qualification.
• Knowledge and understanding of Ofsted guidelines and regulations.