First established in 1993, The Little Learners is a family run business with a dedicated team of highly trained Montessori staff and qualified childcare specialists.
We offer Montessori education from 6 months up to the age of 5 years and are proud to have received OUTSTANDING across all four of our branches. We are currently seeking an experienced SENCO to work in our Wembley Branch.
The SENCO has day-to-day responsibility for implementing the setting’s Inclusion or SEND policy and to work closely with others and parents to support children aged 2.5 -5 years old with SEND.
The role of the SENCO will be to support inclusion in the following ways:
- Support the children daily and provide activities that support their development.
- Support staff to uphold the setting ethos and approach to children with additional needs
- Support setting manager/leader to ensure the setting provides inclusive EY provision
- Ensure early identification and intervention is implemented across the nursery
- Talk to, advise and support practitioners who are concerned about a child.
- Ensure that relevant background information about individual children is collected, recorded and up-dated, and that all written records are completed
- Support staff to do additional observation and assessment of children’s learning and development and ensure differentiated planning to meet that child’s needs. Support key person to identify smart targets and implement interventions.
- Support key person to complete Individual Education Plans (IEP’s) in partnership with parents
- Complete additional paperwork and referral forms supported by key person
- Ensure that all practitioners work closely with parents/carers at all stages
- Liaise with other professionals, including those from outside agencies
- Arrange reviews meetings with parents and other professionals
- Work closely with manager to ensure environment is tailored to the children’s individual needs
- Follow all confidentiality and data protection rights
SENCOs will take personal responsibility for their continuous professional development by:
- Attending professional development opportunities including external training to support areas for development identified during annual appraisal
- Sharing elements of training relating to SEND with practitioners during staff meetings
As a family business, we strive to create a nurturing environment for our staff to grow and excel. We invest the time and effort to support all our staff to continue their professional development through our excellent in-house training scheme.
We are committed to the highest level of training, which is why if our staff do not have a qualification in childcare already, we will happily fund them in getting a Level 2 & 3 qualification in EYFS if they would like one. Further funding is available for the Montessori Diploma Course at no extra cost so that you can progress in your role with us.
If this sounds of interest, then please don’t hesitate to apply.
Reference ID: SENCO Wembley
Expected start date: 01/04/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £9.00-£10.00 per hour