An exciting opportunity has become available for a skilled Level 3 Nursery Practitioner to become the Second In Charge of our Infant Community Room (18 Months – 2.5 Years)!
First established in 1993, The Little Learners is a family run business with a dedicated team of highly trained Montessori staff and qualified childcare specialists. We offer accredited Montessori education and are proud to have received OUTSTANDING across all four of our branches by Ofsted.
We are open 50 weeks a year from 7:30am-6:30pm for children aged 6 months – 5 years.
If you are hardworking, a team player and able to build good relationships with children and parents alike we can offer you: Competitive salaries and flexibility that suits you; an accredited MEAB Montessori environment for you to work in with the full range of Montessori teaching materials.
As a family business, we strive to create a nurturing environment for our staff to grow and excel. We invest the time and effort to support all our staff to continue their professional development through our excellent in-house training scheme.
If you’re interested in developing your knowledge on the Montessori Philosophy, we will fund you to join our very own Montessori Diploma Course at no extra cost so that you can progress in your role with us!
If you are a quick learner with a genuine passion for working in childcare, high emotional intelligence, bags of enthusiasm and a desire to make a difference in the lives of children and the staff, then we would love you to join our fantastic team of childcare professionals.
Some of the responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· Responsible for mid-term and weekly planning to include evaluation and observation of children, planning to meet the EYFS to link with Montessori. Children’s learning and development files: observations, assessments, key person list.
· To be aware and make aware of any children who have special needs, ensure appropriate action is taken where such a child is identified. Ensure that the SENCO in charge carries out their duties to refer any child who has SEN and works accordingly with external agencies.
· To work in partnership with parents and to meet the needs of the children both individually and as a group and to deal with parent’s concerns effectively.
· To organise parent meetings for parents to discuss their child’s progress with their key person.
· To make sure that Montessori materials are being used effectively.
· To organise the space and resources to meet the children’s needs effectively and that the adult child ratio is met. To provide a calm working environment.
· Carry out specific management tasks as delegated by the Nursery Manager
All candidates will be required to:
✓ Have a good understanding of how to create engaging and challenging learning environments for babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers
✓ Have excellent communication skills and be a strong leader as well as a team player
✓ Be energetic, proactive, self-motivated and have attention for detail
✓ Have a passion for working with young children
✓ Demonstrate a good level of spoken and written English